Monday, January 11, 2016

Dallas, TX || Moving Hannah

This is a literal copy-and-paste of a post from my other, more-often-updated blog.

I spent a weekend in January with my best friend Hannah. We were glued at the hip for hours and hours--and I don't know when I'll see her next.


A photo posted by 🌵 A M A N D A 🌵 (@mandalyn93) on


Together we embarked on a 14-16 hour drive that left her in Texas and left me bawling my eyes out at the airport.

She accepted a job with Geico which meant she needed to move from Arizona to Texas, the land of the oil fields and smelly flatlands.

I was (obviously) super bummed to be leaving her in a different state. She's my oldest and closest friend, and also the fifth or sixth of my friends to move out of state in the past two years. Arizona is starting to feel pretty lonely.

But, on the flip side of the loneliness, it was really cool to help her move and be a part of that life event. She even let me decorate her wall <3


Helping Hannah move made me even more excited to move. I got to think about how I'll decorate my room and get an idea of how little stuff I actually need in my new apartment (hello, minimal chic?) It was definitely a bummer leaving her in Texas (even the TSA agent sympathized with me while I was bawling at the security checkpoint) but I got a sweet, simple taste of moving.



No comments:

Post a Comment