Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Nicaragua

✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️
Here we go! 
I'm writing about immigration from Nicaragua to Costa Rica, and have interviews set up. I have two bags (a massive backpack that weighs 24 pounds and a checked suitcase that probably also weighs 24 pounds) and am so ready for this.
I'm also incredibly nervous. This is my first major journalism adventure out of the country. I'm still working on what I'm focused on, and will probably be refocusing as the trip goes on.

But it's also a learning experience, so that's okay.

I went to Welcome Chicken and Donuts this afternoon and told Michael (the owner) about my trip, and he said he's proud of all us journalism students; that we're hard working and willing to get dirty while reporting. He called us the kitchen workers of the journalism world. We make great product in a stressful, intense environment.

And that is some encouragement I needed to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment