Friday, January 25, 2013

A New Adventure Awaits

It's now official--my parents put an offer on a new home, and their offer has been approved. We're moving.
I've never moved before. Never. Not once in my life. I've heard different stories from friends about their moving experiences--fun, terrible, difficult, easy. I'm not sure what to expect.
I do imagine it will make my life a bit more difficult. Instead of being a short light rail ride away from school and a quick drive from work, I'll be a 30 minute drive from school (not counting traffic) and a 30 minute drive from work. For the first time in my life, it will take me longer than four minutes to get to my boyfriend's house, more than 10 minutes to get to church, and more than 20 to visit my friends at Grand Canyon University.
I'm a little scared. I'm leaving the only house I've ever known behind, and moving into a house that is in no way mine--it is my parent's. They picked it, they plan on living in it for a long time, they're simply letting me move with them. And I'm a little unsettled by this.
I want to live on my own (with a friend would be great). I want to be able to pay for an apartment, to purchase my own groceries from a farmer's market across the street from that apartment. I want to have a kitten and a corgi, and take the corgi for walks and give the kitten a scratching post (which would be useless because my future cats are going to be de-clawed.) But I'm 19, and let's face it. There's no way I can afford all that. Not even the apartment. (I could probably afford the cat, though. But I'm "not allowed.")
So, for now, I'm going to wallow in my half-freedom, and save up for that impending day when I will be able to afford an apartment, and enjoy spending money on the adventures I can afford to spend money on, now.

No comments:

Post a Comment