Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Summer Trips Beginning to Form


There's no way this summer is going to be as eventful and travel-filled as last summer was, but that's because I have a job this summer and I can't claim my vacations are "pre-existing" as I did before I was hired in the middle of last summer. What I've learned from working is that life is all about balancing the spending and making of money, and my two summer trips look perfect for that.

In May I shall be traveling to Tahoe with Daniel as soon as school gets out. We're going to take a two week road trip surrounding his sister's wedding, which will include Vegas, Yosemite, Lake Tahoe, San Francisco, and Highway 1. We're paying for basically everything, except for room and board in Tahoe and Vegas. His parents are also giving us a little bit of money (what would have been one airfare ticket) to help us along.

In June my neighbor's daughter is getting married in Colorado. I originally didn't want to go on this trip because it surrounds my birthday (I hate traveling on my birthday), but then my mom mentioned that I could bring my lovely "brain-twin" Becca, and since she and I were already planning a 5-day weekend camping trip to Colorado, we just decided it would be better if we accompanied my parents as they would pay for everything and we would get to have just as much fun going off and being adventuresome.

So, in summation, California road trip with my sweetheart in May and Colorado Adventure trip with my best friend in June. And who knows--I'll probably join my other best friend Hannah on a 5-day weekend trip to her uncle's cabin in July or August. All in all, it's going to be a rather inexpensive summer of traveling, and I am so excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment