Tuesday, November 20, 2012

A Local Adventure

Some days, when you are tired and simply feel like laying around, that is what you need to do. For me, that was last Saturday. I planned on going to the last home football game of the season, but by the time I had finished lunch, I predicted the first quarter of the game would be over before I even arrived.
Rather than rush to the light rail to simply sit and be bored for forty minutes, then spend another two hours sitting on a hard metal bench, cheering desperately for ASU to score (our season hasn't been all that great), I decided to grab a picnic blanket, my book, Daniel and his camera and head downtown.
We each ordered either an iced tea or a toddy coffee from Fair Trade Cafe, and spread out in the nearby park with our books. We had every intention of reading them, but we decided talking would be more enjoyable. We discussed classic authors, foreign countries, and where we want to move someday. All in all, it was a nice rest from our busy lives.
When that became humdrum, we folded up our blanket and set out on a walk to capture the various and unique street art adorning the sides of buildings throughout Phoenix.
Wallace and Ladmo
Sentrock. I have one of his prints at home.
Fabulous framing, if I do say so myself.
I saw this being painted at First Fridays in November.
Brewery parking lot.
Part of a new park on 3rd Street and Roosevelt.







No comments:

Post a Comment